ARGOS may act as a Data Processor.
• ARGOS makes the Services available to third parties for integration into those third parties’ websites, applications, and online services.
• ARGOS collects, uses, and individual users’ information only as directed by these third parties and, accordingly, under applicable data protection laws, ARGOS is a processor or service provider (“data processor”) of user information with respect to the Services and not a controller or business (“data controller”)
ARGOS may act as a Data Controller.
• As an exception to the above, ARGOS processes personal information as a data controller and a business to comply with its regulatory obligations. For further information please review the section “ARGOS as a data controller” below.
• ARGOS may process certain individual users’ information in anonymized and/or aggregated form for its own purposes.
1. Personal data ARGOS collects from you
ARGOS has a wide range collection of personal information through its Services.
The collection data is depending on the ARGOS Service and the Data Controller who is the customer of ARGOS, it may include such information as name, physical address, email address, telephone number, social security number, driver’s license number, state or national ID card number, passport number, other ID card number, credit or debit card number, CVV, expiration date, and/or date of birth.
Based on Customer Requests, ARGOS collects photograph which is visually scanned of identification card and face e.g passport, driving license, bank account, billing paper, and credit card.
For Illinois, Washington, or Texas (USA) residents :
ARGOS collects personal information including biometric information and may share such biometric data with the Data Controller. (e.g facial geometry, voiceprint)
ARGOS will store your biometric data for as long as the Data Controller requests (e.g., the duration of your use of its services), which shall be no longer than the earlier of the date as below case
(i) the Data Controller ceases to have a relationship with ARGOS (ii) within three (3) years after the Data Controller informs ARGOS that its last interaction with you has occurred.
If Data Controller makes a decision that ARGOS is no longer to handle personal data anytime, ARGOS will remove personal data permanently.
ARGOS will use facial recognition and comparison technology only for the purpose of verifying your identity as the person who appears on the identification document.
Facial information can be shared with ARGOS customers through which you used services that ARGOS provided.
After ARGOS ceases to have a data controller relationship, ARGOS never stores your facial information.
What is a Cookie?
A cookie is a small piece of text file usually set by the web server, sent from a website, and stored in a User’s computer hard disk while the user is browsing that website. Cookies are used to support a faster and more convenient use of websites and to provide customized services.
Purpose of use
3. ARGOS uses the personal data collected
Personal data is only used by ARGOS at the direction of the data controller for its websites, applications, and other online services.
ARGOS uses machine learning functions to process personal information provided automatically and also processes personal information manually by trained validators. Processing includes the following processes:
1. Verifies the integrity and quality of the submitted data.
2. Extract and analyze usable information such as document photos, face photos, text, etc.
3. ARGOS may search for risky persons based on anti-money laundering laws.
Personal information storage under the relevant laws and regulations for South Korea.
|Records to be retained||Applicable law||Retention period|
|Books and supporting documents for all transactions specified by the Tax Act||Framework Act on National Taxes||5years|
|Service visit records||Protection of Communications Secrets Act||3months|
|Records on Service Provision||Act on the Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce, etc.||5years|
4. ARGOS shares the personal data with other parties
the personal information it collects in connection with its services as described below.
ARGOS shares personal and pseudonymous information collected on behalf of data controllers with those customer data controllers. We also provide ARGOS Service, use third-party service providers to help manage and improve, and provide personal information to perform services requested by users.
To comply with any applicable law or court order, subpoena, or other legal processes; we may also share personal information.
Information for California Residents
ARGOS processes your personal data on behalf of the customer data controller in accordance with the written agreement for the verification service. ARGOS, therefore, acts as a service provider to the data controller. We do not sell your personal information and do not use or disclose your personal information to other third parties who constitute a “sale” as defined by the CCPA when providing services to customer data controllers. Any questions or requests regarding ARGOS processing of personal data in relation to your rights under the CCPA should be directed to the customer data controller responsible for your personal data.
ARGOS has subprocessors to provide services and share personal information with them.
|Entity Name||Purpose||Service||Processing Information||Processing Period|
|AWS Amazon||– Data hosting, encryption, processing, query||KYC, KYB, Argos ID||Personal information||Until the end of the contract period|
|Jot form||– KYB data submission form||KYB||Until the end of the contract period|
|codef||-Transmitting authenticated personal information-Storing request/response data for API service-Processing data subject’s requests for perusal, correction, deletion, and suspension of personal information (South Korea, User only)||KYC, Argos ID||Personal information||Until the end of the contract period|
5. ARGOS as Data Controller
Among ARGOS’s services, ARGOS ID collects personal information as a data controller, and the detailed policy is as follows.
When ARGOS is a data controller, it follows all notices when it is a data processing described above.
• Collection and use of personal information
① “ARGOS” collects the following personal information to provide services such as identification and identification.
|Collected Items||Purpose of collection and use||Retention and use period|
|Name, date of birth, gender, nationality, copy of ID, copy of face photo, document number, identification number, email address||User identification for use of “service”, service management, identity verification management, member management, counseling management purpose, service research and development||Personal information is retained and used during the period of providing this “service”, and when the user cancels the “service”, the user’s personal information is destroyed so that it cannot be viewed or used.
However, if it is necessary to preserve it in accordance with the provisions of the relevant laws and regulations, the “Company” keeps the user information for a certain period of time as stipulated in the relevant laws and regulations as in the 3. Personal information retention and use organization clause.
|Terminal information (terminal ID, OS information)||Verification and certificate verification management to prevent illegal use||Same as above|
|Logging (including IP)||Check service use and fraudulent transaction records Same as above||Same as above|
② ARGOS collects personal information through the following methods.
• A method in which the user agrees to the collection of personal information and directly enters information in the process of membership registration and service use.
• In the course of consulting through the customer center, the personal information of users may be collected through web pages, e-mails, faxes, and phone calls.
• You may receive personal information from an external company or organization affiliated with the company, and in this case, in accordance with the Information and Communications Network Act, the affiliate will provide it to the company after obtaining consent from the user to provide personal information.
• Generated information such as device information may be automatically generated and collected in the process of using the PC web or mobile web/app.
③ In principle, the user’s personal information is destroyed without delay when the purpose of collection and use of personal information is achieved.
However, if it is necessary to retain personal information in accordance with the relevant laws and regulations, the company may retain personal information as follows in accordance with the relevant laws and regulations. Users’ personal information collected and used in accordance with laws and regulations is kept for the following collection and use purposes.
ARGOS is committed to protecting your privacy and using commercially designed safeguards to protect against unauthorized access, use, and deletion. Encrypt and manage users’ sensitive personal information. In addition, ARGOS regularly conducts security testing and internal audits to check for vulnerabilities. However, security programs are not absolutely secure. Also, ARGOS cannot guarantee its stability if the data controller owns the user’s information.
7. Additional information for users of the ARGOS service
All personal information collected and processed by ARGOS’s services is transferred and processed to the United States for the purposes described. ARGOS may also share your data with third parties for processing. The privacy laws of these countries may differ from the privacy laws of the country in which you reside.
ARGOS takes steps to ensure that your personal data is adequately protected, such as by transferring your personal data only to countries where the EU Commission has determined that there is an adequate level of data protection, or by standard encrypted transfers.
8. Children’s online privacy
All of the services of ARGOS related are not directed to children under the age of 13, and ARGOS will never knowingly collect personal or other information from anyone it knows is under the age of 13.
We recommend that persons over 13 but under 18 years of age ask their parents for permission before using the Site or sending any information about themselves to anyone over the Internet.
10. Privacy Protection Officer and Responsible Department
• Privacy Protection Officer: JJ Lee
• Department: Privacy Protection Part
• Email inquiry: firstname.lastname@example.org
11. Company information
• CEO : Wonkyu Lee
• Business License Number: 6074336 (ARGOS US), 303-86-00956 (ARGOS KR)
• Address ARGOS US : 1952 Gallows Rd., Vienna, VA 22182 ARGOS KR : 6F, 83, Uisadang-daero, Yeongdeungpo-gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Effective date: 2021. Nov. 01